But Doctor...I Am Paglicacci!


There's a famous joke that Rorschach tells in The Watchmen. It goes like this...

I heard a joke once: Man goes to the doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life is harsh and cruel. Says he feel all alone in a threatening world. 

Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go see him. That should pick you up." 

Man bursts into tears, "But doctor...I am Pagliacci." 

Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.


Something about the news of the day makes me want to read The Watchmen again. I think I will. 

Rip Off

Comments

  1. I know you won't agree but I wish Biden had resigned the presidency and let Kamala Harris be president as I think seeing a black woman in the Oval Office could really enthuse progressive voters like Obama did and it would show that a woman can be president without the sky falling in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make some good suggestions, but I think Biden has done all he can for his country and his party by stepping away from the campaign.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Day In The Anti-Life - Troll King

My Pledge To The Democratic Party!

When Women Rule The Earth!