Thrills And Chills!

The election this year is one of those thrill rides that can really tear your guts up, if you let it. I have chosen to ignore it as much as possible, which is I do have to consider it at least once a day when I clear off my many pleas from the Harris and Walz campaign for more of my dollars. I've adopted a policy of donating once a week, usually small sum but once a larger one in the name of my departed wife, something she'd have approved heartily. 

I live in Kentucky, a state in which no real electioneering goes on since it's a foregone conclusion that Trump will carry the state. This is a sad commentary on the Commonwealth, a state which was Democratic largely when I was a youth, but sadly turned red in those dark Reagan years. I do see cracks in that hegemony this time around, and we have been graced with a Democratic governor who kept us from the brink during the Covid years and was even considered for the VP pick this year. 

So, from this vantage point, money is the way in which I can do the most good for the campaign. I have every confidence that Kamela Harris will be the next president of the United States and that we will finally at long last turn away from the foul smell of racism and misogyny which has marked the remains of the Republican Party over the last decade. I have to believe that, because to do otherwise is to give into despair. I choose hope. 

But hang on to your hat! 

Rip Off 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Pledge To The Democratic Party!

A Day In The Anti-Life - Troll King

When Women Rule The Earth!