A New World Order!

We still have too many days until our next "most important election of our lifetimes". But the time is drawing down and the situation on the ground has changed dramatically. My man Joe Biden as stepped down as a candidate and his chosen successor Kamela Harris has stepped in and to my surprise and great joy, my party has rallied around her candidacy in a way I didn't imagine possible. Is she that fine a candidate? She's proven herself to be pretty good. I applaud her choice of Tim Walz as her VP, because he's a guy who clearly wants to be there for all the right reasons and he brings proven political chops. He wasn't a choice made out of timidity, and that's powerful in itself. But the truth is other factors are at play in this election as well.  

The momentum has so shifted in the past month, that the dread of a second term under "Sweet Potato Hitler" has dimmed to longshot at best. The mavens who predict these things are all seeing the changing of the guard and that what was old is out, and what is new is in. Even the Professor who predicted his first unpredictable upset nearly a decade ago says it's nearly over. We could have had this conversation about changing the guard a year ago, but if this is how it works out, then I'll take that. Anything to protect my daughters from more predation from Fascists who want to turn America into version of Gilead, the dark vision of a lost America portrayed in The Handmaid's Tale. And the scariest thing about that last sentence is that I'm not being hyperbolic. Texas, Tennessee, Oklahoma and Idaho have become testing grounds for human cruelty. 

Seeing a black woman of mixed ethnic background take down the "Minute-Maid Mussolini" is sweet and utterly appropriate. I admit it's fun to watch him broil under questioning from people he can only imagine should be bowing before him, or to be back at one of his country clubs waxing the floors or trimming the hedges. His racism bubbles up inside him like an evil brew, and he can barely contain himself from howling at the world to spare him from the indignity. He has much suffering to do. For the first time, I really think I can see this traitor in lock up. It will take a lot of effort, and there will be no end of wheezing, but I really do think that day will come. 

But we're not there yet. Still work to be done. Still, plenty of fascists to defeat. 

Rip Off

Comments

  1. The Handmaid's Tale has a happy ending because in the 2019 sequel (The Testaments) Gilead is overthrown and normality is restored. Here in the UK the Booker Prize is the most esteemed award for novels and The Testaments was the joint winner for best novel of 2019. I just hope the 2024 US election has an equally happy ending and the menace of Trump is defeated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not read The Testaments, but I'm glad to hear things get better. Whatever happens in this election Trump is a diminished figure. His vile movement seems to be fracturing and that gives me even more hope for the future. There are still evil figures within it, but so far no one who commands the attention of their red-headed master.

      I'm even more positive about things now than I was a few days ago when I composed the post above. People are weary of this nonsense, it's palpable.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Day In The Anti-Life - Troll King

My Pledge To The Democratic Party!

When Women Rule The Earth!